Noncontrolling Interests And Redeemable Noncontrolling Interest
|3 Months Ended|
Mar. 31, 2018
|Noncontrolling Interests And Redeemable Noncontrolling Interest [Abstract]|
|Noncontrolling Interests And Redeemable Noncontrolling Interest||
13. Noncontrolling Interests and Redeemable Noncontrolling Interest
Included in the Company’s Condensed Consolidated Statements of Financial Condition as of March 31, 2018 and December 31, 2017 was $2.6 million and $2.8 million, respectively, of a redeemable noncontrolling interest associated with IT’SUGAR. The Company owns 90.4% of IT’SUGAR’s Class B Units and the remaining 9.6% of IT’SUGAR’s Class B Units represent a redeemable noncontrolling interest.
The following table summarizes the income recognized with respect to the Company’s subsidiaries attributable to noncontrolling interests for the three months ended March 31, 2018 and 2017 (in thousands):
The entire disclosure for noncontrolling interest in consolidated subsidiaries, which could include the name of the subsidiary, the ownership percentage held by the parent, the ownership percentage held by the noncontrolling owners, the amount of the noncontrolling interest, the location of this amount on the balance sheet (when not reported separately), an explanation of the increase or decrease in the amount of the noncontrolling interest, the noncontrolling interest share of the net Income or Loss of the subsidiary, the location of this amount on the income statement (when not reported separately), the nature of the noncontrolling interest such as background information and terms, the amount of the noncontrolling interest represented by preferred stock, a description of the preferred stock, and the dividend requirements of the preferred stock.
Reference 1: http://www.xbrl.org/2003/role/presentationRef